Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 3 + News

Hey,

So I'm not going to post day 3. It went fine. I made all my naps, didn't oversleep, and generally felt great. I think the REM sleep was more or less kicking in as well because my gf told me she watched my eyes moving rapidly (I tend to keep my eyes slightly open when sleeping).

Bad news however. There was one thing that I realize is so bad that I must stop polyphasic sleeping. Coming into it, I did not expect that scheduling around naps would be so bad. It wasn't until yesterday that I came to the realization that it was going to be miserable.

As I was helping my sister move, it came around to my 4 pm nap. I ended up doing it 25 minutes late because I thought I'd be done and napping by then. When I did finally take the nap, in a car, I slept miserably. It was then that I realized how inconvenient this sleep schedule is. I don't mind rescheduling work, because that is always constant. Having to change my life, which is nowhere near consistent or routine, is too hard and too much of a hassle to do. I very much enjoyed my time doing this, even though it was only 4 days, and will try it again when my life settles down. For now, I must stop. I'm sorry and hope you guys found what little I did post to be helpful or relevant.

Good luck to you guys on your polyphasic adventures and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for blogs you may have posted.

1 comment:

  1. http://sireniastars.blogspot.com/
    I'm trying the everyman...hoping to make it to the uberman next!

    ReplyDelete