Sunday, June 20, 2010

The first day of Uberman!

Hey all,

So I finally got back from E3 yesterday and have decided to start the polyphasic sleep schedule today. I will be starting my naps at either 4 or 5 pm today (1 or 2 hours away). I'm still debating whether I want to do a 4, 8, 12 or a 5, 9, 1 schedule. I am leaning more towards the 4, 8, 12 because I really enjoy seeing midnight movie shows and this will allow me to sleep in the car or theater from 11:30->12:00 before it starts. I also would be choosing this because 5 pm is usually right around when I would get off work. On the other hand, 1 am times would allow me to hang out easier at night without having an annoying nap that breaks things up, especially if I was out at a bar or something. I honestly don't know which one to choose. I'm leaning more towards 4/8/12 because I just don't go to the bars that often and if I did, I could try pushing back the nap and see what happens (might be a good experiment).

Anyway, I will let you know how each of my naps goes and will also update with a recap of how I feel at the end of each day. I really hope all goes well. I'm taking a week off work to give the adaptation phase time to settle down. Here's to hoping all this preparation wasn't for naught. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment