Saturday, June 5, 2010

The last day of normalcy

So here it is... The last day of meats, high carbs, and basically all good foods in the world, for around a month. It is also the end of caffeine as I know it, forever. I love the sweet taste of my Mountain Dews, but I will gladly sacrifice that for extra waking hours.

My friend, business partner, and room mate, decided to go about doing the Everyman recently. I've been talking to him about doing it for a while and helped convince him to follow through. However, he got a little ahead of himself and tried doing it immediately, without any preparation. It was harder than he thought to quit caffeine (he has it worse than me) AND run on little sleep. It didn't quite work out for him for his first try, but he is now weening himself off caffeine and waiting for a better time to give it a round 2. I believe it'll be much better that way.

Anyway. I'm not at all excited about eating the foods of this diet I'll be stuck on, but to reiterate, I am determined to get this right the first try and will do what it takes to accomplish that goal.

I've also decided I may write an actual book on my time with this. It will be a LONG project since I will have to wait around 2 years before I can even put enough information into it to finish, but I think it'll be worth it for everyone else out there in need of information on it. I will be conducting MANY written interviews in the future for the sake of my blog and possible book, of people who have tried it, scientist's/doctor's speculations on it, and to see how people who don't know anything about it feel about the idea. We'll see how it turns out. Just be sure to keep reading my blog so I don't feel like I'm talking to myself! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment