Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm surprised so far

I failed at getting a strict 8 hours of sleep last night, and I probably will this whole week, as I have a lot of work to do for my business before E3 in a week. However, I succeeded at getting up on the 2nd alarm (I usually hit it like 6 times) and for running on 5 hours of sleep, I feel ok not drinking caffeine so far.

I figure work is the hardest part to get through on a lack of sleep, so this is a good sign. We'll see how the caffeine withdrawals affect me after multiple 5 hour nights of sleep. I refuse to give in, so I will just have to nap during the day, which goes along with me thinking of going biphasic at first anyway.

I've also stopped eating meat mostly, as I did have a bite of my girlfriends chicken burrito. It's hard to find things that appeal to me that are vegetarian. So far I've stuck to home made bean burritos, but that goes against my low carb goal. I'm coming to the conclusion that giving up carbs completely is unrealistic. I will reduce my carb intake, but not eliminate it. I will reduce it even more during the adaptation phase, but for now, I'll just stick to vegetarian.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, this is dino from the trypolyphasic forum!

    I just tried reducing my carb intake, and what i can tell you is that you better don't do it. At least not now. What happened to me is that I had to take a nap every hour or so, before I finaly decided to drop it and ate like, a dish of pasta. Only then I started feeling alive, and it happened almost instantly.

    I did some research and found out that there apparently is an adaptation process going on as well, and given the fact that you are alreday making so many changes at once, might end up bad for your progress.

    I'm already an adopted vegetarian, and I thought changing to low carb wouldnt be so hard.. but no.

    So, be careful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, heres what I posted on some lowcarb forum today... Might get you a better idea.

    http://www.proteinpower.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8060

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the information. I feel the same way. My body relies heavily on carbs for energy, so cutting them may be rough. Especially now that I've cut caffeine, I really need an alternate energy supplement.

    I will keep an eye on your post to see what some other people think about the idea.

    ReplyDelete